Monday, March 19, 2012

A Really Quick Note

This was a crazy busy week, Aarik's birthday, our anniversary, new job, time change, Aarik's last week of training before his race and the usual life stuff added to that. This morning is just as crazy but I wanted to quickly share two things: training with three small kids and crazy busy life is looking to be a bit more of a challenge than I had anticipated. This is why I start training a few weeks before I'm supposed to so that when everything collides on a long run day (as happened this Saturday) I can try to make it up the next week. I did get in ten miles Saturday but it was 6.5 outside in the morning and then almost 4 on the treadmill Saturday night. That's the only way I could do it, and I'm hoping it was effective enough not to throw training off too bad. If I don't have to do that again I won't though, by the time I got off the treadmill I had a crazy pain in my right calf muscle and my left foot. Hopefully when I run again tonight they won't still hurt. Fingers crossed.

The other thing is I just wanted to share a link to the blog that Jennifer, Callie's grandma, started. Please check it out and let her know you are supporting her, we can see that you are reading our blog, but it can be tough when you get nothing but crickets in return. Callie has been blessed with amazing parents, two sets of wonderful Grandparents, not to mention aunts and uncles and extended family who ALL adore her and want the very best for her. They've all been very involved in her  life since before it began, they have all loved her and supported her before this trial even came to light.  Each of them are trying to find ways to participate in and contribute to Callie's life and, now, in her fight against Spinal Muscular Atrophy.

As a side note, we still can't register until June 1st and so I'm not going to make an announcement about which race exactly we are doing, but the date for the marathon that we are planning to do is set for October 27th. We are excited and picking training plans and gearing up for some serious time on our feet.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm Aimee's 2nd cousin and Joni's sister-in-law. I don't have the financial means to contribute to your efforts right now, but you've definitely got my prayers on your side! Best of luck in your training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathryn! Prayers and luck are both needed and appreciated!

      Delete